RENDERLights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is the place for any threads pertaining the RENDERLIghts operation, tips and tricks. Feel free to discuss anything related to 3d and Virtual reality.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Handling multiple object materials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Handling multiple object materials Empty
PostSubject: Handling multiple object materials   Handling multiple object materials EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:50 pm

posted Jun 26, 2011 by tmtmetsa

Hello,

Great software. I have been trying to handle materials of one IFC import. It has been causing me some troubles with materials. I have some 1000 objects, and I would like to change material for all of them. How to handle that?
Back to top Go down
https://renderlights.board-directory.net
Admin
Admin

Handling multiple object materials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handling multiple object materials   Handling multiple object materials EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:51 pm

admin said Sep 01, 2011
Thanks mate, happy to hear. IFC is one of the most complex formats out there, we have been many months improving the format import, in order to get better material handling. The latest version is able to detect all of the objects that are sharing the same material, then you can change the material in one go, but the multiple selection and material library feature is still under development. We should be having those features ready this fall. Keep in touch and will let you know when available.

Cheers mate
Back to top Go down
https://renderlights.board-directory.net

Handling multiple object materials
Page 1 of 1